The Tenant Fees Act 2019
From 1st June 2019 Fees which have been traditionally been payable by Applicants/Tenants are banned. There are still some payments required in connection with a Tenancy and these are;
- Refundable tenancy deposit
- Refundable holding deposit (subject to terms)*
- Payments to change the tenancy when requested by a Tenant
- Payments associated with the early termination of the tenant when requested by a Tenant
- Utility payments, eg; gas/electric, council tax, water, communication services, TV Licence
- Late payment of rent
- Replacement of lost keys/security devices
*A Holding Deposit will be payable in order to “reserve” the property you have chosen to rent, this is capped at no more than equal to 1 weeks rent and is subject to criteria and terms.
Get in touch
Call us on 0208 570 7900 or send us a message...